Monday, March 19, 2007

Funny Things

Well, this first bit isn't that funny. F in Y10 has been put into the custody of social services after going majorly AWOL and getting in trouble with the police. Her mum is apparently a "psycho" threatening to "kidnap her". This means she can't go home and so there is lots of drama surrounding that. Further, she has effectively been temporarily excluded from school and is instead in the LSU (Learning Support Unit) all day rather than in class. I remarked that there should be a drama series about her since her life is just one big saga, to which she laughed, thus making me realise I should stop complaining and start smiling.

So I won't tell you about my ok-day (except for the school band practice after class, which was so much fun....seriously, no-one can escape my "killer" voice or trumpet, hahahaha). Instead I will share with you a number of things that have made me laugh in the last 20 mins.

Firstly, Sanju's blog....another record of maths TF-ing. Check out in particular Taruna's extended comment (a Science TFer) - me thinks she needs her own blog! Poor girl on the residential, hahahaha.

Secondly, this delightful link sent from Rouse Mouse....a whole blog dedicated to Neighbours from someone who seems to waste even more time than me!

And thirdly, very funny email excerpts from our favourite beige couple...

Sprouse: PS i just realised that email had no content. it's because i haven't done anything worth writing about lately.
except there were lots of plant pots on fire on broad street the other day. and my canadian stalker has got in contact again, i saw him in town the other day and thought he hadn't noticed me but he emailed. he's not a very good stalker, he hasn't said anything since september. i want a new one.

Pij:
Electricity was thus cut off roundabout October when there was food such as salmon and an assortment of meats in the freezer. Oh dear. So, in climbed the maggots for a wonderful wonderful feast but alas once in they had no escape and in a futile attempt to get out clambered all the way to the top of the freezer where they died anyway. Losers.

Sprouse: oh and there is AN AMAZING dvd in jij's house. i think it might even be better than the incredible shrinking man. meena, you should get it for your brother, he'd love it. lady julia ramsbottoms' tour of cambridge.

Pij:
I have got to the level where I can scream at my kids now and then tell them I don't like shouting when they all look like they are about to cry. Kids are sily and uncoordinated. I also don't let them win in games sometimes and dribble past all of them when I play football with them. Sometimes they cry and then I just do it again. I love my job.

Girls, you make me laugh. Pij, I think TF is calling you. And Sprouse, not sure about the dream but obviously it's something to do with anxiety (as they all are) and perhaps pressure from people who matter to you to conform in a way you don't want to/don't think it's right to. Any dream about tat is a winner though.