Monday, July 02, 2007

Back in school

Nice day at school today, was pretty good to be back. Went in totally unprepared, managed to get through the day with some good lessons though (well, Y8 was a good lesson, and Y7 just did a test, heehee). Looooots of marking, paperwork etc. to catch up on, boooo! A Y9 boy accidentally knocked my elbow as I was walking with a mug of tea; had a nice big brown tea stain on my purple and white shirt, not to mention minor boobie burns (ok, I'm just being dramatic, they were only a bit hot).

School is calm at the mo, only KS3, everyone else is on work experience/study leave. Still drama on the staff front, lots of feathers being ruffled etc.

Told my subject mentor today about my semi-crazy status and so on. Not the full story, obvy, but a close approximation. She was very nice about it and supportive too. I realise I've only got to get through three more weeks, piece of cake :)

Had a lovely piano lesson, hit the gym hard, my calves are aching. Middle bro is back home, the house is back to full again (he is sleeping on the floor in the empty loft). Portfolio still doesn't exist. New '07s in school were nice - one is super keen, kinda freaked me out (when I was on my London week I didn't have a clue). One I think is one of Ladun's CU friends. The other is a rather good-looking chap, I think our girls might well find him appealing.