Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tutoring

I don't have a year 7 tutor group next year. This is strange, although now I don't know why it's strange. I think because I always assumed I'd get one. But I haven't. And, in fact, I have no idea what I'm doing next year tutoring-wise. I hope it's not co-tutoring with a year group again. That's a bit of a nightmare - running around six different groups without any real consistency. This would be ok if a co-tutor had any authority or understanding of what's been happening in the class, but for the most part they don't.

I think this makes me a bit sad since I'm almost certain I don't want to be a maths teacher long term, but perhaps the pastoral side of teaching could have been what appealed to me. Now I don't think I'll get the chance to find out. Plus, slightly arrogantly I'll admit, I always thought I was as good, if not better, than the other TFs in my year, and yet they've been given tutor groups and I haven't. I guess all my recent crazy is catching up with me.

In other news, one of the '07s has been warned against his incessant questioning. Apparently he has been ruffling some quite senior feathers i.e the queen of our academy herself, and so must now learn to button his lip and just accept things. Such is the way things work in our school.