Sunday, February 18, 2007

The End of Half-Term

I am really rather amazed how quickly this week has gone. The dread (of having to go back to school) started on Friday and has stayed with me since. I can only hope this second half of term goes as quickly as the first. Not that I'm wishing my life away or anything...heehee, maybe just my teaching life.

Things I should have done but haven't:
  1. Written my WA3 (comparing and contrasting SEN and EAL strategies)
  2. Created my unit of work on multicultural maths
  3. Done some planning
  4. Marked my Y11 coursework
  5. Sorted out my teaching file
  6. Played around with ActivStudio so that my IWB was more interactive as opposed to just a glorified wall to write on
  7. Thought about some internships
  8. Played in two football matches for my team (rather than lying hungover and tired somewhere in London)
  9. Recovered from the "plague"
  10. Got some rest

Things I shouldn't have done but have:
  1. Eaten and drunk enough to neutralise any effect from the gym
  2. Spent about half a month's salary
  3. Completely changed my sleeping pattern so that I am now almost nocturnal
  4. Allowed the "plague" to permeate (the kids will sense my weakness)
  5. Brainstormed (ok...fine...daydreamed) for about a day in total
  6. Baked cakes and then devoured them
  7. Danced like a fool (my calves just ache)
  8. Laughed a lot ("nesting" anyone?)
  9. Tried (and mosly failed) to matchmake anyone and everyone under the sun (watch this space though, I think there may be some success sooooooooon...)
  10. Attempted to catch up on my reading by trying to read all five books that I'm midway through at once (this was silly...how many times have I been told to focus on one goal at a time?)
  11. Somehow contracted amnesia thus sadly forgetting many many comedy events in my life

Well, my Head of Department did tell me to take a break from school work.

Happy half-term all those people who have this week off - I'm so jealous! Enjoy your week too to everyone else working away as normal! And wish me luck.

Ooooh, B said that Heroes starts this week on Sci-Fi, woohoo!

And finally, check out "How Not To Teach". See Mouche and Angie, I could be promoting your blogs if you ever updated them!

PS Gimmealift.com has actually had some quite positive feedback - shout out to Potter for her good ideas; congrats on the job and you know that one day we'll do it!

PPS Woohoo, come on you Spurs! Mwhahaha, Fulham, no more FA Cup for you!