Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Nice words

Am once again remarkably busy, mainly doing things I shouldn't be doing.

If you want to be doing things you shouldn't doing on March 2nd, get in touch! That's not a proposition, before you get the wrong idea...well, not a proposition from me at any rate! It's a plug for our random singles event that we're hosting at Langley's in Cov G...yet another plan to put the love back in our lives!

Read these nice words from a fellow TFer describing her experiences in the Guardian Education section (yes, she gets the Guardian, I get this blog...)

Some of my own classes, on the other hand, had been passed on to me in boxes marked "highly flammable". My year 11s are like fireworks: full of energy, light and noise, usually set off by each other, but sometimes by poetry and by my questions to them. There is a fine balance, which I haven't yet found, between igniting excitement and discussion, and controlling the sparks that fly off in all directions.

Is that a simile? Hmm, I like the description anyway, it's almost spot on.