Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Good stuff staff

I played my trumpet today for the first time in ages. It was great! Toot toot toot, heehee!

Our very proactive-enthusiastic-gungho staff have been piling on the extra-curriculars, so alongside drinking with them, and moaning about school with them, and maybe doing a bit of teaching with them, I've been playing indoor footie with them, and started up a bit of a band with them too. Hurrah!

Despite my inability to "visualise" the tune (apparently "Downtown" is a well known song...hmmm.....) the first rehearsal was good fun and games. I think music kinda feels like exercise. Maybe that's why I like it.

In other staff related news, yesterday afternoon was the first positive tea, hosted by the MFL department. The basic idea is that every few weeks a different department will host a tea for the staff and talk a bit about themselves and the exciting work they've been doing. It's a really good way to get people together to share ideas and thoughts and generally bond us all (very important since there's still a bit of a split between the old comprehensive staff and the new academy staff). So another hurrah for the positive teas! Yum yum cakes and eclairs.

And finally, I helped break up a fight on my way to morning registration (it wasn't even 8:30am yet!) And I did a PE cover lesson. Some might say I'm almost a real teacher.