Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ramblings

It's Tuesday of half-term at 17:16. I am very tired. I blame the builders for banging all the time. I am not convinced they are even making anything. Humph.

I also blame the "plague" I currently kinda have. It must be from the school kids. More humph.

Anyway, enough grumbling and on to the rambling. Yesterday I spent a day as a housewife, doing such wonderful things as spend aaages in the sauna (without the weird lady, thankfully), do the shopping, have coffee, bake a cake, and play the piano. I decided that being a lady of leisure is really rather appealing and so spontaneously revised my life plan. It turned out it was good time to think about my life plan since when I was dropping my Mum off at her fitness class we had a lovely chat about how I really should start thinking about settling down. Hmmm. I'm not convinced my parents realise I am a cheeky little monkey trapped inside an Oxford graduate, who will not mature enough to "settle down" for a long time.

I had dinner with Ish and Clare last night and we slipped into an impromptu brainstorming session, as we are often prone to do. Even way back in the first year we were all plotting away on how to make our millions, certain we are meant to be entrepreneurs. This part of me hasn't really been dormant, but it's been reawakened recently. They are both convinced the future is India (and not China as commonly thought) so we spent lots of time thinking of serious, and not-so-serious, ideas to hit the jackpot. I told them about my "commuter blind date" idea; they thought it was a bit stalkerish, and there's obviously loads of reasons why it wouldn't work, but I do kinda like it. I think my mind is stuck on matchmaking. Anyway, we didn't really get anywhere, but it was great to think about that kinda stuff again, and so obviously I spontaneously changed my life plan again. I guess I shouldn't really call it a plan...more of a strategy.

So today I came up with two more ideas:

1. Compatibility advice for couples based on astrology - Asian families do this anyway, in that they check out the compatibility of birth charts when they are looking for potential engagements for their son/daughter. This fits the matchmaking bill.
2. A life-choice simulator - some really really complicated computer program type thing that would calculate all the outcomes for your life depending on the choices you made. Obviously this is completely impossible since you can never predict everything and there are far too many factors, but it'd be nice to see in advance what will happen because of your choices. Thinking about this now, it has significant connections with time-travelling devices. So might have to scrap that one.

You may be wondering what happened to the medicine plan...well, now I'm not entirely convinced it's for me, and I guess you have to be certain before you go into something like that. Also my littlest brother has jumped on this bandwagon too, and I refuse for all three of us to be doctors!

Right, that is the end of the rambling today...ooh except I heard a really crude funny joke yesterday. I probably shouldn't write it on here, but if you wanna hear it, let me know.

PS Continuing on the theme of junk with the Disney girls, check out FreeCycle. There're groups for each of the London boroughs and all over the world too. What a great idea! Mouche, I may have to give away your PoS...