Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Two Good Days

Yes, I have had two good days in school. Surprising stuff.

Sure, there have been fights and staff politics and detentions and ICT problems and lost exercise books and kids bunking lessons and running around like a mad thing and constant attitude, but on the whole they've been good. Maybe I am just learning to cope better....?

Hmmm, no, scrap that. Coping is not entirely featuring prominently in my life at the moment. Well, I'm not not coping, but I feel kinda weird. Like I'm not really me. I've had this before but still don't really know what it is. Strange. Maybe I am a medical curiousity? Or maybe it's just the flu.

I have had a spectacularly little amount of sleep due to the continuing specialness that is insomnia, and I think this has led me to take everything in my stride. Possibly because I can't be bothered to let anything get to me. Kids quacking in my lessons, bitching about each other, shouting and swearing across the corridor, talking about illegal substances etc. - all have been subtly ignored. As one of the PE staff said to me today, I am a machine.

But even machines occassionally malfunction. I think it may be time to take that first ever sick day!

Before you start thinking I'm being a nutter, don't worry, I'm pretty much fine, just a lot in my head. Clearly more in my head than Nelly Furtado....check out these lyrics from "Say It Right":

In the day

In the night
Say it right

Say it all

You either got it

Or you don't

You either stand or you fall


Ruuuubbbbbbish. How am I not earning more than her?! That said, "Give It To Me" (Timbalanda feat. Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake) is wicked, diss chat and great beats.

And also, thank you Jade for putting up with my ridiculous questionning about musical theory...it's starting to make sense!

I'll leave you with this from a comment from another blog: "If you don't know who you are, a classroom, like a boxing ring, is a painful place to find out." Deep.