Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A first attempt at working

I am back and in and wanting to work (wanting is used loosely here). I have trapped myself at my desk, Word is open and the cursor's blinking, waiting for me to type. Aaargh but I can't. If I am struggling just to write my statement of purpose, perhaps applying to read for a Masters with lots of essay writing is an error?

I noticed on my blog that you can't search by label. This is annoying. I meticulously label each post, but what's the point if you subsequently can't search by label? Clearly this should be a priority, far more worthy of immediate address than my empty document.

I found the labeling issue out because I was searching for some words I remember looking up from On Beauty. I have forgotten the words, and their meanings. This too is annoying. I remember how good my memory used to be, but that's about it. And I can't find the post.

Thus I have decided that in future good words will be recorded on here, where I can't lose them. My word of the day: poltroon. An abject coward. I like the sound. But more so I like the statistic that this word is only used twice for every 100 million words said. Poltroon. Poltroon. I think I've doubled its use. I like it that I can change a statistic like that. What use are statistics anyway?

Come on words, write this statement of purpose. Gosh I hope the applications office doesn't read my blog...