Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hours of Marking!

Just finished marking my Y10 books. Took me almost two hours to get through the 23 books. Calculated that if I have to mark 5 sets of books each week, ranging between 20 and 30 books a set, and each lot takes me approx two hours, well, that's 10 hours and over 100 books being marked each week. 10 hours of marking! That's like a whole extra day of work, not to mention the time I spend on Sundays planning lessons. Gosh! And on top of that is my Y12 sociology group, who are admittedly only 7 students, but they write essays, which takes a good amount of time to assess.

Standard intensity of a school day. Highlights include a bit of a heart-to-heart with "Tall and Moody", reprimanding "Sweet but Annoying Blonde" for "simulating masturbation with a pen" in her maths lesson (yes, you read correctly, that's what it said on the incident report), and confessing my complete inability to deal with my tutor group and the corresponding imminent breakdown to my Head of Year and also the Head of now Y11. Good stuff. Am about to go have some hot chocolate and contemplate a life more ordinary. With less marking.