Friday, December 07, 2007

Busy and Yay it's the weekend!

Wow. Busy. And rather sleep-deprived. Currently getting more sleep during the old afternoon nap than actually at night. Oh dear.

School is good. Kids are being good. Well, at least they're responding to my authority for the most part. Lots of form related drama from the usual suspects, but now that I have a co-tutor supporting me things are loads better.

Been out a fair bit. Won a Scrabble game on Weds with a bingo after trailing for most of it. That's just how I like to win. Woke up with a minor whisky hangover, then remembered the various mini-dramas of the night including digging a hole for myself with a the potential future employer, and also the consequences of my various delayed-spontaneous moments (is that an oxymoron?). In fact had rather vivid nightmares that night, which only really feeds the drama rather than stops it. I would detail the nightmares here, but I think you'd probably flip out.

Solution was obviously to race myself through school and then check out The Golden Compass, which was really good, although you'd have to be really on-the-ball to understand what was going on if you hadn't read the book. Written version infinitely better, but the film was well made and lots of really good acting, particularly from the children. Occasional moments of over-the-top cheesiness, but loved all the action, and now want a daemon more than ever. And an armoured bear. Also went to a place called Satsuma, worth it just for the name, tasty food, it's now on the list.

What else? One week of school to go. Going to a Christmas party tonight, gonna do my best not to be hungover tomorrow, fingers crossed!