Saturday, December 15, 2007

Yay it's the holidays!

Bah humbug. It's pretty much expected that as soon as the Christmas holidays start, teachers get sick. Booo. I am getting a cold, and am desperately trying to fight it by staying in tonight rather than going on the massive birthday based bender that was originally planned. Not my birthday, a friend's, but a bender nonetheless. But now I can think of nothing more exciting that going to bed early in the hope that I wake up nice and healthy. Fingers crossed, I have a busy day tomorrow.

Yay it's the holidays! Woohoo, 3 weeks of no kids and no teaching! True, the staff still have one more week of a combination of ICT training and packing for the new building, but whatever, will be fine, particularly since I have lots of revelry planned next week, so there will enough to keep me entertained (and hopefully not too hungover!)

The staff pantomime for the kids was awesome, Cinderella, so so funny! I loved how keen loads of the male teachers were to get dressed up as women, and there were loads of kiddie jokes, and jokes for the grown-ups, and inside staff jokes too, excellent! Alas, didn't get to play trumpet after all due to time constraints and problems getting enough cover, but no matter. Thoroughly enjoyed wearing my Santa hat and snowman earrings all day, plus all the Christmas cards and chocolates and games etc. I like the festive spirit! Lovely staff Christmas lunch then a pretty epic drinking session, teachers are such alchies! Woke up not too bad today, but then remembered some of the controversies from the night, and kinda cringed. Heehee, it's all in good fun I'm sure. Will try and stay out of trouble next week.

Yay yay yay, one more time! Now off to wrap the presents and marvel at my excellent Christmas decorating skills. The tinsel all over our stairs and banisters is my special favourite.