Thursday, December 13, 2007

Car drama!

It was so frosty and icy this morning that my brakes froze up! Scary stuff, basically they just locked and then the car skidded a bit, but luckily I'd been slowing down anyway at a pretty quiet residential road, and it stopped at the junction, so no harm done. Completely forgot what I was meant to do if the car skidded, although remembered something about pumping brakes or something so tried that, then turned the car off and on again (hahaha, just like if there's a problem with my laptop!) and then it was ok. Phew.

What else? No actual teaching today, just DVDs and charades and games and stuff. Year 8 alternative awards assembly was lots of fun. Form were mostly good today, except this morning when I gave out their reports and three of the girls just ripped theirs up and threw them in the bin. They apologised about this later, but still. I can't even imagine ever ripping up a report at school, or even having one so awful that it warranted disposal. Shame.

Apart from that am very much in the festive spirit, looking forward to all the drinks and parties and carols and fun times. One day of school to go, and it's only a half day, yay! Just need to get through 3 hours with my tutor group first...