Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A whole day of school

I have just eaten too much of too many things. Mixing food, like drink, makes me hyper and then nauseous. Bleurgh.

All my family have been at a wedding all day, without me. Sigh. Thus I managed to teach a whole day of school instead, yay! Well, not teach as such, since lesson 5 was spent accompanying Year 8 on a visit to the new building. It's amazing, it's so big and exciting and like a proper school and everything! I can't wait to get in there, except the thought of packing everything up and actually moving is daunting and frankly I don't want to do it. The rest of the maths department seem to have already started packing up, but I am clearly in denial and just ignoring it in the hope it goes away. Yes girls, very similar to the dilemma we were discussing last night, I am a coward in every way. Ya!

Speaking of last night, I realise it is an error to drink before Wednesday because then the week just feels soooo long because when you wake up in the morning and think it's Friday, really it is still barely midweek, rubbbbbbish. That said, it was very nice to catch-up and discuss risotto based plans. My favourite quotes come from P: "I bought this jumper in 5 colours"; "why don't you just live a normal life? no wonder you keep having breakdowns"; "I guessed chest but really it was rectum". Nice.

The kids were pretty good today, mainly because I refused to have "fun" lessons until the last lesson of term and kept being really strict, great. Tomorrow and Friday will be tougher since they will all be very excitable, but maybe I'll just join in with the fun? Have got lots of nice cards wishing me well and a happy Christmas, they are mostly good kids you know, just a bit nuts now and then.

Woohoo two days to go!