Monday, December 10, 2007

Feeling Good

I am about to go and practice my piano. For some reason I decided it was more important to blog first. This is despite our hilarious lesson on Sunday night where I quite openly talked to my hands. Jade was shocked. I have since clocked that it is never ok to talk to your hands or explain how sometimes they are independent of my control.

I am feeling very chilled and mellow. I like it. Perhaps this is my normal stage? I can't remember really. David Gray is playing in the background. Not literally, though that would be awesome. It's just the CD, but I love him.

Last night I got more than seven hours sleep for the first time in ages. Long overdue and absolutely splendid. I woke 4 minutes before my alarm, just like I used to be able to do, and only spent 10 mins contemplating when I could next get into my perfect bed (whilst brushing my teeth) but after that I was zooming and ready to go. I had a good day despite not being able to fully "project" (my voice). This is probably because I have removed all the parts of my job that are really tedious i.e planning, assessment and reporting, leaving me with just class-room teaching, excellent. Obviously this isn't a long term solution, but I like it for now.

Seriously, half-days are perfect for me, coming home for lunch and having a nap then hitting the gym and giving me my evenings free is just awesome. Earlier I contemplated becoming a part-time receptionist for some doctor or something. Clearly a bit pointless with the uni degree and all, but maybe the simple life is what I should be aiming for?

Something else I contemplated today was whether I could drink a pint of tea. I am still undecided on this.

Went to boxercise for the first time in ages today, didn't really fancy running or weights. Was great, my body is properly aching, in that nice way. I get such a kick from exercise, it's bizarre. Today was extra good because the bionic Chinese lady was there. She's like 40 and tiny and the only person I know who will regularly out-work the instructor. The 50 year old blond gym bunny woman was also there. I like it when they are there because then I have some competition. Pushed myself hard, and during the warm down the chap was playing some Motown track with the refrain "it hurts everywhere", which was so true. Strangely he played a lot of samba during the session, not sure why.

We're going to the Cuckfield tomorrow, yay, Fruli! Can't wait to see you girlies!