Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Holidays!!!

Woo hoo! School's over for the year, it's holiday time!

I made it! Oh my gosh, yippee, exclamation marks galore!!!!!!! :) !!!!!!!!!!

2 weeks of no marking, planning, teaching, preparing, reporting, praising, telling off...running around like a headless chicken! Yay yay yay!

The end of term flew by in a blaze of classroom parties, Christmas assemblies, carols, fun lessons, and festive greetings to all and sundry. The Christmas spirit finally took control of the school and I was really taken back to my own school days by all the merriment, it was great! This was despite having had a heavy night on Thursday (maths department dinner, then a birthday in good old London town, then a jolly trip on the night bus....hmmm, why have I added the night bus as if it was a whole other event?) and so feeling a bit worse for wear yesterday. Imagine if I'd been feeling 100%...

With the kids finally sent home, the staff Christmas lunch kicked off in fantastic style. The promise I made to myself to keep it under control at work was thrown out of the window and after 6 hours of solid drinking with the other teachers, I was suitably merry. I really had an ace time, it felt like we were celebrating finishing finals, that's how jubilant everyone was! I guess it's been a tough term for everyone, so I'm really pleased we made it through.

Things that shouldn't have happened:

1. "Borrowing" a spare crate of Carlsberg from the staffroom after the party
2. Taking said crate to the pub and proceeding to secretly drink it alongside vodka
3. Bumping into some of my Y8 maths group on the road later on (what are the chances of that? I've never seen any of my kids all term, and then the one night that I am in teacher-guise and lashed, they see me.)
4. Getting my tarot cards read...exciting stuff, more on that next time.
5. Having to go and rescue my car today (actually, clearly it is better this happens rather than me attempting to drive it hammered).
6. Not making it to meet Mouche and Potato Potter. Sorry girls, I am rubbish...I really was in bed by 10pm!
7. Eating absolute junk (including ridiculous amounts of spicy peanuts, NOT good) this whole week and drinking beer after I had banned it. Whoops, I can sense Christmas will take its toll on my body.

Anyway, am very excited about the holidays and will fill you in on all the fun and games tomorrow!

Happy weekend!