Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I feel like this colour today. Weird right?

Nothing much to report, except that my girls played their last game in the tournament today. Alas they lost big time, but still there were smiles. Some Y10 girls were there to support, and at one point they got all the younger girls around to give them a bit of a pep talk. It was amazing to watch them sharing and helping each other - yes, I had a moment :)

I had an unmoment period 2 today when I gave my Y8s an end of term test. I am scared to mark it cos they all looked completely stumped the whole way through. Oh dear. One of my established colleagues gave the same test to her Y8 group, and the kids' National Curriculum levels actually dropped...I can already sense this will happen to my kids too. Great, I am unteaching them.

Played "maths charades" with my Y7s, which was hilarious. They loved it, particularly the whole boys vs. girls thing. Aaah the tension amongst young teenagers is fabulous...is it wrong that I provoke it so? Mwahahaha, but it's entertaining drama, and I do love drama.

Tomorrow is full of marking and reports and sorting out end of term stuff. Hurrah.

And finally, here are some Christmas jokes for kids to make you smile:

What is the difference between the Christmas alphabet and the regular alphabet?
The Christmas alphabet has Noel!

What did the pack of Walkers say to the Skips?
Merry Crispmas!

Why should you be careful at Christmas?
Because there are mince spies about!

And my personal favourite...

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Mary.
Mary who?
Mary Christmas!

Ho Ho Ho!