Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Y11 had their non-calculator mock GCSE paper this morning. I've got my group's papers sitting on my bed but I'm not brave enough to mark them yet...too nervous! Doesn't help that one girl told me she missed out ten questions - there are only 29 on the paper! Oh well, it's only mocks...well, that's what I say to them anyway. Sure they've got 5 months to the real thing, but that time is gonna fly so quickly. I want them to focus now so that they can get their Ds (don't even get me started on the stupidity of the system that doesn't let foundation tier maths pupils get a C...at least they've changed it now, but one year too late for my kids).

Fire alarm went off at 8:27am today. Good start to the day. Mock exams ran late, causing chaos at break and lunchtime. Doors to the main corridors were locked...almost got steamrollered by a massive year 10 boy when I told him he couldn't go in. Wonderful expletives flew forth from his mouth. Impressive.

Also mightily impressed by Neighbours and the lengths they will go to do drive up audience figures. There's no other way to explain the multitude of scenes featuring Ned and Boyd topless. It used to be wrong to think Boyd had a good body, but now that he's out of school and married, it's fine :) It is still my ambition to play the token Asian on Ramsey Street; I have faith in my shoddy acting ability and willingness to participate in silly story lines, what more do they need? I wonder what my character should be called...am thinking Sheila Patel - the right blend of ethnicity and Australian-ness. And I wanna be in a love triangle with Harold and Lou. Hot stuff.