Sunday, December 03, 2006

I am meant to be writing my Teach First journal, but you know how I love distractions...

Celebrations! A whole week without having to stay back for detention once :D What are the chances eh? Admittedly, N let the Y7 group down by forgetting his exercise book and missing a homework (he has a 30 min detention tomorrow) but I'm not really counting that. So yes, detention-free week!

Did lots of tutor time with 7C this week, was actually quite nice to get to know the little monsters. Maybe having a tutor group wouldn't be so bad? Was also really proud of how mature and well-behaved the Y7s were during the fire drill and at the awards' assembly - they can be good sometimes!

In the world of fiction - another sign that I am Martha:

"Today was the type of day when you saw a space in the supermarket car park and you managed to reverse into it, first time, no hesitation."

This has never happened to me, but I know it would be a good day if it did.

Alas, Michael has just left Martha. Oh dear. I hope this book has a happy ending.

In other news, the pineapple I didn't use as my costume yesterday was delicious. I don't have a cumulative hangover either :)

I am also just about over the Spurs defeat to the evil Gunners. True, Spurs lacked ambition yesterday, but Arsenal were definitely on the lucky side of lucky. Two dodgy penalties and an off-side goal make me wonder why I'm not a Premiership referee? I can make just as many errors...

This is my second-to-last weekend of lesson planning before Christmas! And no Y11 this week! I am being observed on Tuesday in a PSHE (Personal Social & Health Education) lesson. I have never taught this before and currently have no idea what the lesson is meant to be on, or even how a PSHE lesson works. Good stuff.

10 teaching days to go!

Mouche, I am looking forward to reading your online insights. And also being the godmother of your child. I don't mind which order I do this in.

Girls, I'm looking forward to our pyjama party....aaaaw to be 11 again! Except it'll be even better - we'll have wine!

Update 22:02

Went to the gym and choir practice. In the same 6 hours, my parents went "impact-visiting" which is where they visit lots of people who live in the same area. Now they are being impact-visited. Yes, that's right, I come home at half nine on a Sunday night and we have visitors. Tea is being served. Tea! At half nine. Bizarre. This is after they went to a wedding reception last night. Plus, my mother is the president of her old school association and she hosted a party for them yesterday during the day. AND the phone started ringing at half seven on Sat morning and I don't know when it stopped. Aaaah I only hope I am as busy and popular as my parents when I am old. Actually, forget when I'm old, I should be as popular as them now! :)