Monday, December 18, 2006

My tarot card reading told me that at the moment I was confused and undecided about a lot of things. I immediately assumed the cards were talking about my job (especially since it was another teacher doing the reading) but now I wonder what else it might be about. It was very weird getting the cards done because they all fitted with each other and seemed to tell a story, which kept getting more and more real (but also surreal) as the cards got turned over. I want to get another reading done.

On Saturday we went to a birthday dinner party for one of my father's old school friends. It was great fun, particularly since there's nothing like an old boys' reunion when it comes to hilarious anecdotes about my father. Despite his insistence that he was a hardworking lad, it seems he managed to get himself into his fair share of trouble. Anyone who has heard the story of how my Dad impaled his cheek on a spear (luckily not too badly) will be relieved to know his school high-jinx weren't so dramatic. Still, seeing all of them together made it easy to imagine them with their dirty knees and scruffy ties, causing trouble left, right and centre. This is despite their privileged education at Royal College in Colombo, Sri Lanka (established 35 years before Keble College, if that's any indication of "fancy-pants-ness").

Tried to do some Christmas shopping yesterday. Failed miserably. Was rather more successful at TF choir - am finally managing to not sing the tune and sing the alto part instead, props to me! Went for yet another curry in Brick Lane last night, yum yum. I have decided Cobra doesn't count as beer so I am free to drink it in vast quantities, excellent.

Warwick brother is home, yippee! Proceeded to completely rearrange the reception rooms; am mightily pleased with the new layout, particularly because I feel it can now accommodate a piano, which means there is almost nothing to stop me learning in the new year, yay!

B-Team drinks in Walthamstow tonight...am starting to warm to good old E17, it's not so bad after all. But first it is time to do something productive.

Happy days at work people, mwhahahahaha!