Sunday, December 10, 2006

I'm in a ridiculously jolly mood today. I think I just woke up on the right side of the bed. Without a hangover :) Excellent. Thus I am treating you to photos and also the highlights of the weekend, you lucky people.

So here's a picture of us at the London Dungeon. Scary stuff! Not as scary as the last time I went there. I made a real effort not to make eye contact with wax models, and always looked around for people hiding in dark corners so I was ready for their surprises. Contemplated touching people to see if they were real or fake, but decided this was an error. Still, managed not to have a major freakout or anything, which I'm pleased about.


Puja gave me a Crunchie - very poignant since Martha gave Jack a Crunchie when I was reading just the day before...what are the chances? All in all a fun day out, very well organised, not too scary, lots of special effects and educational value. Can't wait to have kiddies so I can take them there! Also went on a lovely walk by the river, aaah I love the river :)

We then spent a jolly couple of hours in the pub. Aaah daytime drinking, my favourite. Fruli is rapidly moving up my favourite drinks list. An interesting discussion on the definition of pulling proved that indeed tongues do have to be involved. Also lots of gossiping and complaining about boys, excellent. Clearly our lives have dramatically evolved from when we were at school.

The "Jarvin" blind date went faaaaar better than I ever thought it could. Despite occasional awkward pauses, they seemed to get on like a house on fire, chattering away about all kinds of things. Despite my comedy error of not telling "M" which boy was the gay one (thus leaving him very confused at the table as to who he was actually on the blind date with!) things worked out in the end. The boys swapped numbers and I think we will be seeing them both again on Thursday, thus proving being optimistic about my matchmaking abilities was the right thing to do.

This brings me to the fact that apparently there are half a million more single girls than boys in the UK. I wonder if this is because there are more boys than girls? Whatever the reason, clearly the British population is in need of my dating agency (this weekend's invention, just in case you thought I'd stopped all that malarkey). Birmingham has the most singletons, so I will start my business there, after first doing some research in Reading, since it's supposedly the place to find Mr Right.

In other news, I have now finished the book about me. Luckily it has a happy ending :) In two final coincidences, in the last few pages both London Bridge and Thai food were mentionned, both of which featured in my weekend. Weird, huh? I wonder who my Jack is...(don't worry Puj, I haven't given up, this just makes it all the more interesting!)

Oh and for those that wanted to see it, here's my car, Dixey, so pretty :) The poor parking is courtesy of my lil bro...see, it runs in the family!