Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Woo hoo Tuesday's almost over! I don't know why I am not a big fan of Tuesdays - apparently it's our most productive work day. I think it's cos it seems like such a "nowhere" day, in that you're not even halfway to the weekend. Anyway, it's almost over, yay! Not that I'm wishing my life away or anything (my Grandma told me not to do that. In Tamil, of course).

My girls lost 7-0 to Leytonstone. Ouch. It is very annoying how one or two really good players on the other team means that your team get annihilated. Oh well. At least they won their friendly against Walthamstow School for Girls 3-2. Good stuff.

The lesson on stereotypes went well despite my turning red as a beetroot. It is quite bizarre - you'd think I'd be used to public speaking by now (especially given that most of the time I am in public when I talk...although there are momentary lapses when I find myself chattering away to...yes, you guessed it - myself). It was really embarrassing, kinda like I had drunk half a bottle of SoCo and achieved that lovely tingly sensation in my face. I think its cos I get nervous when I am being observed. Whatever the reason, I was still happily warming my hands on my face a good hour later. This didn't look strange at all, oh no.

Managed to get completely lost in Leytonstone. On the plus side, found the Primark AND the McDonald's. Realised that even if I was lost, I would survive. A pivotal moment.

Martha has said that she likes conkers and is a hopeless romantic. Girls, don't know how many of you remember "Willy the Conk"...my trusty good luck conker I carried around in my blazer pocket. Oodles of good luck came my way courtesy of Willy. I wonder where he is now...

Sprouse, I love it that in your spare hour you are willing to write reports for me. You are such a good friend :) Alas, you seem to forget that you can't write. Maybe you can do the ones for the EAL (English as an Additional Language) kids...they can't read them anyway! Hahaha. Sorry, bad joke, I love and respect my kids, honest.

Mouchio, sorry life is tough in the world of futons. Square sausages will make things right (right-angled in fact...hahaha) in the world. Think of your blog as a cathartic devise...except with lots of brackets :)))))

Everyone else, check out this mapgame, shamelessly stolen from SB's blog. She says she gets a 100 points regularly. On my first go, I got 6. Hmmm. Admittedly I didn't realise the game had started, but still, only 6?! Rubbish. I will play this game at school I think...the kids will love it. And I too will get 100. One day.