Thursday, December 07, 2006

My Y8s were so bad today. Grrr. Had to have "D" removed from my class for the second time this week. Also put "S" in detention tomorrow after school (thus violating my "no detentions on Fridays" policy, dang it). Am thinking of making her write an essay with the title How can I make myself a better person? but I think that might be offensive (plus patently she will just write things like "get extensions, violate my ASBO orders, have a baby etc".) Maybe the title will be How can I improve my behaviour to help me be a better learner? That sounds suitably teacheresque. Excellent. Maybe I will be super-mean and rip it up after she has done it...? Or maybe it will be good and then I can photocopy it and stick a copy in every kids' book....oooh possibilities, see every negative can be made positive (so true in maths as well)!

Anyway, luckily I didn't lose my temper too much. Getting loads better at the ol' anger management. Did have to to run out of school during lunch though cos I was so cross (I mean literally run....far too far in fact, almost had to get the bus back to be in time for period 5!) But that's better than reaching for the bottle, good progress on the drinking front, heehee :)

On the plus side, two good things.

1. "D" has now been removed from my class for the rest of the term. I know that's only a week more, but still....bliss :)
2. Not sure I've mentionned the ridiculous blind date that I somehow got roped into co-ordinating, but it's going ahead, and am now far more positive that it could be a success. Looking forward to my reputation as an epic matchmaker being elevated to new heights! Full report to follow next week (unless it goes really really badly!) just to keep you guys on your toes :)

Shout out to MT - happy birthday Mrs President! Hope you have lots of fun and all the best for this year!