Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Drama catch-up

So what's new? Well, things have been pretty dramatastic. Went up to Oxford on Saturday for a mini-reunion, was awesome fun. Forgot about how Christmas in Oxford happens in November, and also about how easy it is to sit around and shoot the breeze, with a few cheeky drinks along the way of course. Saw lots of lovely Furies, including some I haven't seen for aaaages, and also an old friend of mine from school, so that was ace. Obviously things went a bit drama-shaped late on in the night, but that's standard form really nowadays, it woulda been a shocker if nothing had happened.

Sunday was Anusha acca's wedding. Another huge and complicated affair, with lots of mad dashing around and helping (or not helping as the case turned out to be - not that I shirked my responsibilities too much, heehee). The wedding itself was lovely, Anusha looked beautiful and the best man was hilarious. The reception in the evening was awesome too, I think partly because almost everyone was in a party-mood. The free bar was ridiculous, as was the huge amounts of food, yum yum. The speeches were funny and there was even a belly dancer for entertainment! Anyway, to cut a long story short, my cousins and I got on a mission and were pretty wrecked. Woke up drunk yesterday morning, then was rather ill for most of the day, with an awful awful hangover. Might have something to do with mixing six different types of drink through the night, or maybe to do with the 7 hours worth of "session", whoops. In any case, was in no state for school, so bailed again. However...

....today I made my dramatic reappearance. This was despite some major nightmares last night all about school, one of which involved another teacher completely taking over my life so no-one remembered who I was! Was actually very nervous, but it wasn't that bad at all, mainly because as soon as I walked into school I was mobbed by kids asking me where I'd been, and how I was, and how glad they were to have me back. And then all the staff were just as nice, checking up on me and hugs and stuff, awww, it was so sweet. Despite the craziness of my school, there are loads of really good people there, who take care of each other and stuff, it's a good thing. Anyway, my classroom was a tip cos supply teachers had let the kids run riot, and also I had SO much paperwork to sort out. Managed to teach lesson 1, that was ok, then had lesson 2 off, so I went to hand in all my sick notes to the office. Surprise surprise, it turns out I'm still signed off sick, so they sent me home! Hahaha, so lasted three hours, and then had to come back! Except my car was blocked in, so I had to take the bus, but then I didn't have enough money for the bus, or my Oyster card, so I had to walk all the way to the bank and then come back, more drama.

On the plus side, despite a pretty crazy weekend and day today too, I feel pretty ok. Had a nice chatter with Bertie too :) That said, even being in school for a bit was a shock to the system, and now I have to have some meetings to sort out what's going to happen with me in school etc. Drama. And also I have 114 progress reports to write, and because the system is cocked up, there are kids reports that are down on my list when I don't even teach them! That's gonna take ages to sort out, but the deadline was last Friday, oh dear. All this is scary, so maybe I'll have to hide a bit longer and try and catch up on my sleep deprivation (9 hours in total over the last three nights, not good for school).