Friday, November 23, 2007

The Golden Compass Movie Website

I have been playing around on The Golden Compass website. I am very excited about this film, mainly because I really like the story, despite it being set in a cold place, and also because if you judge it on the trailer, it's looking promising.

The best part of the website (apart from the fact that it comes in like 25 languages) is the bit where you can find your own daemon. In the stories, a person's daemon is this actual physical animal that sort of represents their soul and can talk with them and stuff. So on the website you have to answer 20 questions and it decides what your daemon is. I tried to answer the questions as honestly as possible, but they were some questions where I could probably answer different things on different days. Anyway, so today, here's my result:

"Your profile reveals that you are relaxed, modest, sociable, inquisitive, and fickle. You are therefore matched with the Fox Daemon. Your Daemon Elleron is one of 27145 fox Daemons within the total Daemon population of 428852".

That's about 6% of Daemons. I like the name Elleron. So what about you?

The other thing I did was play around on the alethiometer on there. Obviously I asked my question of the day: am I really crazy? The three pictures that I was drawn to were the owl, the lightning bolt, and the angel. It turns out that the owl could mean winter, night, or fear; the lightning bolt could mean; inspiration, anger, or fate; and the angel could mean disobedience, messenger, or hierarchy. Then the blue arrow moved to the pair of compasses, which stands for measurement, mathematics, or science. Excellent, so I think this means I will have to do the assessments to find out. Lyra eat your heart out. Not that I'm actually using it to make decisions or anything...

Wow, so much fun on one website, heehee.

And finally, I love love love the song and video of Tom Baxter's Better. You can see it here...I'm confused as to what tube station they're filming at, but anyway, it's just lovely.