Tuesday, November 20, 2007

More drama

Oh b*gger. I just read my little profile ramble and it talks about "disasters in and out of the classroom". I can't remember the last time I had a disaster in the classroom, mainly because I have been out of it for so long. Well, it feels loooong.

Given the absence of education-type matters, let's switch to my other favourite topic - my crazy. Before yesterday I hadn't told my folks about it because I'd imagined it'd be similar to telling them that I had some kinda STD or some other awful, shameful thing. Anyway finally built up the bottle, and it was worth it for the relief and also their hilarious responses.

My father's went from "I've never heard of that but I'm sure you don't have it" to "you should quit your job, no-one ever asked to you help poor kids" to "how can there be anything wrong with you? We know everything about you and if there's something wrong then we can fix it. But there's nothing wrong with you". Very interesting and useful. I mean that loosely. My mother was more practical going from "we need to get another blood test" to "you should quit your job" (aaah, that old favourite) to "let me call one of my friends at the Cromwell, they can sort this out. Although you know that since the 15th of Nov the planets are not in a good place for you". Whoever said science and religion were separate forces must be wrong.

So yes, that is the latest in that little drama. Oh and of course school and various other people are getting involved too. I think I may have to hide under my duvet.