Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Being sworn at. Again.

I got told to "stick it up my f*cking arse" by one of the girls in my tutor group today. This is after speaking to her mother about her poor behaviour. Sigh.

This is the third time a kid has sworn in my face in the last 6 days. I am beginning to wonder if I have "swear at me" written on my forehead. Or what I am doing differently that is vexing these kids so?

On the one side, I am pretty dumbfounded when kids swear at me, I am just so shocked by the words that I don't really react straight away. And then I tend to let it go, and not worry too much. But then on the other I am entirely indignant, why should I have to deal with that kind of abuse? And what kind of child speaks that way? I can't remember ever being so rude to someone like that. Probably the question is what kind of parents/carers allow/teach their children to speak like that?

More positively, today the Y8 girls' basketball team made the Waltham Forest Borough final, which is awesome! The game was so much drama - against another local school and it was point to point all the way, with our girls winning by just a single point, and a desperate fight to the finish. There were tears and cheers and hugs and all kinds of craziness at the end, I love how sport can do that.

Also, I have booked a half-term escape to Dubai and I can't wait! It's three loooong weeks to a break, but now I have a clearer goal in sight - sun and life out school, woooo!

I am meant to be marking, but I'm on strike, I don't want to do it, there's just too much. Instead I shall retire to bed with my overdue library books.