Thursday, January 17, 2008

A better day

Surprise surprise I slept last night. But only after I had resolved to hand in my resignation today. Obviously that didn't happen - when my Head of Department came to check on me at about 8am, I completely bottled it, and said all was fine. This was despite having a near hysterical drive into school, where I think I was on auto-pilot since I don't know how I got there, my brain was entirely occupied by thoughts of running away to France. It seemed like the perfect idea at the time.

I feel weird today. Like I can't tell if I'm being normal or not. I know I'm probably not because half the people who spoke to me today (by people I mean teachers) were asking me why I wasn't so jolly, whilst the other half were most likely overwhelmed by my general bounciness. Oh gosh, I just realised that I need to DO SOME WORK. I am being observed tomorrow, and also I have to mark lots of books, rubbish. That said, today was a day to stay for.

Maybe I will have a shower first. Woo, it's almost the weekend!