Saturday, January 05, 2008

Smiley versus Panic

My gosh, there's SO much to do for school next week, picnic panic!

More than things to do are the things to know. I don't know where anything is, or what any of the rules or routines are. Plus I have to spend 3 hours with my tutor group on Monday teaching them all this new stuff that I don't know. Aaargh!

I haven't planned any lessons or made any seating plans yet. I am not yet in teacher mode. Hmm, I really should put my head on properly.

Yesterday I failed at my drinking resolution, but it was so worth it. I've decided to adapt it so that I only drink on Fridays and Saturdays, and not in a crazy extreme way, excellent. We had an old school reunion, was so much fun, everyone was totally grown-up and stuff, ace. It was great to see what people were up to and reminisce about funny times at school. I'd forgotten a lot of the silly things we'd got up to, particularly the boys, and also all the gossip and scandal. I think the best thing about old friends is that it's really easy to get straight back into the banter, and also the intimacy. I had a real deep and meaningful on the way home with an old flame, and on one level it was like we were still 18, and on the other hand it was cool to be where we are now.

What else? Today I have decided to be a smiley smiley person. Actually, not decided, it's just happening. As a result, lots of people are smiling back at me and giving me lots of banter and generally making me feel good. Aaah, back to the good days, it's almost as if it's not worth worrying about school at all.