Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A good first day back

I am feeling pretty damn good today. Thus I shall write in purple.

My good feeling is despite a crazy night's sleep....or should I say tossing and turning in sweat-soaked sheets as a result of numerous vivid dreams/nightmares (so no, not tossing and turning in a good way). Resolution #1 is suffering a bit.

I left for school with 11 minutes to spare, and managed to complete the 12 minute journey in just 10, thus arriving at 8:29am. This was a good start, even when I found out that apparently I didn't have to be in until 9, whoopsie. My classroom was leaking, but it didn't matter, I decided to focus on the positives and get on with it. We did lots and lots of unpacking, with the music on loud and lots of silly chatter. I was dreading going back to school, and obviously there will be some tough times, but today was really good. I think it was mainly because it wasn't too challenging, and also because our staff are so solid and such great people to be around that it makes it easy.

What else? Well, I was trying to explain to a colleague about how my situation was similar to Berbatov's when she asked me why I hadn't done any preparation for this term. She doesn't know football though, so it was a useless analogy, but honestly I feel like that, in that it's difficult to throw yourself 100% into something and be entirely committed when you're not sure you'll be there next season, and when you know other "clubs" (aka employers) are after you anyway. Still, I shall try.

Other resolutions are going well, particularly living in the world of the imaginary. Managed to run 5.5km purely on the power of fantasy. Excellent. Am also adding resolution #7: try and do some small something good for someone each day. Build up the good karma.

On the Peter Pan front I realised part of my confusion stems from the fact that most of my knowledge is pinned on Hook, which I have since learned is a sequel to Peter Pan rather than an interpretation of the actual story. However, given that I understand Hook, I have faith I shall understand Peter Pan eventually too.

I am not doing any of the work I am meant to do. Instead I'm going to watch Bruce Almighty and contemplate the selling of Berbatov. I'd be sad to see him go, but it'd be worth it if we could buy a defence with the money.

Ooh and finally, I heard a great word today - globesity! It's the topical term coined by the WHO to describe the global obesity epidemic. I love it when you put two words together to make a new one. I also love it that obesity is now considered an epidemic, implying being greedy and lazy is contagious.