Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Chilledness

I was on my way to the gym when I got distracted by my computer. Whoops. By on the my way, obviously I mean about to leave my room, no chance of having even got down the stairs.

Today I feel good. I am still very very hot, but I feel chilled too, emotionally I mean, not skinwise. Remarkably well rested. I am pleased with my ability to keep things under control and make the right decision. It helps to make the right decision when you are practically falling asleep at the dinner table.

Ish's birthday dinner at Ruby Blue last night was really good, although alas I was only there for just over an hour, so didn't have time to catch up with lots of people. But that's ok, my conversation woulda been shocking anyway. On the plus side, my parents anniversary dinner was lovely. We went to a Chinese place in Northfields, which was strange at first since we hardly ever eat actual Chinese in a restaurant, but the food was very good. I had king prawns with green peppers in a black bean sauce, and it was super tasty, I could eat it all day today too. Quite a pricey place, and I was initially cross with the service, but I got over it after quite a bit of yummy Chilean red. They all had a good time anyway...I know this because I got home before them, hahaha.

What else is good right now? Lots of things really, mainly weekend orientated, all of which make me forget about the week. An excellent Friday night/Saturday day with X, yum. As such today I am having a non-grumbling day, especially with regards to my knee, my hangover, my tiredness, and my super-busy-panic-ness, all because none of these things apply today :) Also, Spurs won, and Keane scored his 100th goal, good stuff. I found a bag of trousers in my room. It's four weeks to half-term and I've decided not to quit until the summer, mmm, focus. I only have three things on my to-do list and they are all very manageable. Plus I am intending on having a nap in about 3 hours, woo, I love sleeping in the afternoon.

My horoscope is looking promising too...

Over the past months, there’s been talk of exciting ideas or offers, but not much has come of it. Monday’s stunning aspect between Jupiter and Saturn, which is in your sign, not only brings many of these to fruition, but ushers in several unexpected opportunities, too. Ordinarily, you’d evaluate each, then decide which to tackle first. But, with the uncompromising Pluto moving to accent these on Saturday, a lot of those decisions will be made for you. Worrying as this sounds, rarely has anybody been so well positioned to benefit from even unsettling developments, as the events of the coming weeks amply illustrate.

And here's yours, now that I know you care about them...

So, to the gym!

Update 7pm

I'm about to start lesson planning. But I don't really want to. I'm listening to a song with the line in it "If you're hot and you know it," and I am just SO hot, it's disturbing. I am thinking I may have to put shorts and a vest on, full gear is too much. Also disturbing - I couldn't sleep in my nap. I gave myself two hours, and no deep sleep. Rubbbish. On the plus side, I had an awesome session at the gym, where I caned my run even with a dodgy knee, and lifted more than usual. Plus I had a lovely reflection in the sauna, where I wondered how I had lost weight despite not being in the gym for two weeks, and still having "Christmas weight", but then I realised it must be muscle that I have lost, which is also trash. Then I went on an impromptu shopping spree, but managed to kinda control it. Hmm, anyway, putting all this together, along with my slightly nutty behaviour on Friday at school (totally nailed my observation, but was a wee bit hyper in the morning, had to be covered for a lesson, and then went nuts at my Y9 class - they have a whole class detention after school tomorrow because I just couldn't keep them under control, and I kept losing my temper - threw 7 of them out, plus kept making them stand in silence behind their chairs, weird), I am a little worried that maybe I might be getting a bit high. Hmm. But if I notice it, then I can't be, right? Or can I? It's kinda been like this all week, but there are a lot of my "warning signs" in there. Hmmm. Will try not to be worried.