Monday, November 13, 2006

Apologies loyal blog readers, I have been ridiculously busy and thus a failure on the updating front. However, all shall be redeemed today.

So what's happened in the last 5 days? Well, lots and lots.

I got told to "f*ck off" and "shut the f*ck up" by two separate pupils on two consecutive days. Interesting. This hasn't happened to me before, so naturally was a bit stunned. Was very pleased with my calm and controlled manner - back in the day I think I woulda probably retaliated with my own stream of four-letter words, but now I am mature and wise and tolerant. Yes. Those kids are being suitably punished.

That car I bumped into is costing me £400 to fix. £400 for what I think is a "little scratch" (well, it might be a bit more, but you could buy a WHOLE car for £400!) What a joke! I miss money - the plan to sell the soul could well be back on track if I ever want to be able to afford anything.

Had a pretty heavy weekend - still suffering a little bit. Was trying to be responsible but failed spectacularly, making the irresponsible decision left right and centre. Had some wicked nights though...good enough to forget about school for a bit! My opinion that I am an amazing(!) dancer has been reaffirmed - the "happy dance" even came out to play for a bit on Sat! Have no idea how I used to be able to drink so much - am now a proper light weight. Still, free bar baby!

TF Conference during the day on Sat was a bit of a write-off due to Fri night...mostly have no idea what workshops I sat through, my mind was a bit blurry. However, the "break the mould" workshop on shaping a career stood out. The people on the panel made us feel like we could do anything, and that opportunities aplenty are out there waiting for us. Inspired us all (good thing). But made us eager to move on from teaching (bad thing...think that workshop might have back-fired a bit from a TF perspective). Skipped out of the afternoon to get a disco nap in before Sen's 21st. I'm a real role model. *sigh*. At least I feel a bit guilty.

The cheeky little urchins can tell I am run down (probably cos my voice sounds like a clown's...still turned out to choir though, gold star for me!). Luckily so far they are behaving (touch wood). Had a deep moment today with 7F - in afternoon tutor time we taked about Armistice Day and Rememberance Sunday. I read them "In Flanders Fields". Still vividly remember being read that every year at school; now I'm the one doing the reading, very poignant.

Am being observed ALL the time and my newly loaded timetable is busy busy busy. Teaching my first 5 period day tomorrow with first major review board observation, Y7 tutor times, football match after school, and Critical Friends Group meeting. Looking forward to working off the stress in the gym. And maybe taking a sickie on Weds ;)

Todster - love ya! And Snickers too! What's been happening?
Puj - you gossip fiend! Tut tut, you will have to wait and see...