Wednesday, November 01, 2006

After 7 great weeks of not teaching on Wednesdays, I fear my glorious freedom is coming to an end. I have a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss my timetable loading (or lack of it) and I think it's almost certain that I will have to do a bit more work. Dang and blast. Oh well, I guess 10 timetabled teaching lessons a week is a bit on the cheeky side, but still, I think that's all I can cope with!

Support-taught Y10s and 9s today. Their teacher thought it'd be a good idea to get the laptops out; alas it wasn't. Despite testing the laptops before the lesson, they refused to work when it came to the crunch. All kinds of mayhem ensued in the classroom - at one point all the desks were pushed to the left side of the room due to my suggestion that perhaps the laptops weren't working because they were too far away from the wireless transmitter (this turned out to be not entirely untrue). Also logged in half the kids in the classroom and am now paranoid they all know my password and have deleted all my ActivStudio flipchart files. This is what happens when you use the same password for half your accounts. Not that I do that, *cough*. Anyway, fun and games nonetheless.

Football coaching at lunchtime was good fun, the girls are coming on well and our first tournament games are next week, very exciting! Ended up taking an impromptu PE lesson period 5 as well, where I taught the girls the legendary game of "wombats". Couldn't believe that I was actually getting paid to play football for half the day...I'm practically a professional footballer! Except earning in a day what they earn in a minute.

Put my thinking cap on with regards to Enterprise Week...am creating a commodities trading game to play with my Y7s (with sweetie prizes if they are good, and times table copying out in silence if they are bad). I'm very excited about the game, although it's still in the planning stages. Another sign perhaps that maths isn't quite my calling...who knows, maybe they will load my timetable with more Enterprise? Anything's better than Textiles!