Sunday, November 26, 2006

Usually two days of drinking in a row make me feel awful, but I think last night's fun and games actually neutralised the hangover. Today I feel great! Hair of the dog is so the way forward.

It was Sanju's birthday at Point 101. Interesting mix of TF people, uni mates, school friends, and randoms that had been dragged along by other people. My ability to small talk/ramble away to strangers is vastly improving (not that I was ever bad at talking to strangers...the fact that I may never see them again instantly relaxes me and thus allows all kinds of nonsense to leave my lips more or less the minute after we've been introduced). I must say the cocktail bar there is ace, and at £3.50 a cocktail before 10pm, wonderful prices too! They aren't small cocktails either, no sir...a mere three mojitos and I had that pleasant numb tongue sensation nobody else seems to get. Unlucky you lot, numb tongue is great! Anyway, we are adding 101 to our list of pre-gaming venues, yum yum yum.

The crocuses made a second appearance and were once again warmly received (the crocuses aren't a euphemism for anything dodgy you naughty people, they are actual crocuses and my current favourite present...yes, I am bulk-buying pot-plants!). Today I fear for their safety though...when I left Sanju was rather merry and convinced that they would prefer to grow in vodka rather than water. Poor things.

What else? I am busy lesson planning and already SO bored, having only managed to complete two lessons. Rubbish. Must try and focus. Yes.

Also there was some crazy rain/hail/thunder/lightning storm really early this morning, which was so dramatic and loud that I thought we were being bombed. Scary stuff, but a kinda nice scared since I knew we weren't really being bombed, and I love watching storms. It's strange how calm and beautiful the sky looked a little while later, almost as it had finished having a strop and was back to being all sweetness and light. Reminded me of toddlers - so fickle.

I am now alarmed by the fact that everything reminds me of small people. Similarly alarmed by the Tracie dog...I read somewhere that people often look like their dogs, so maybe she's lost hers? Does your cat look like you Mouche? Oh wait, that would mean you would be invisible. Actually, sometimes you are a bit pale and see-through-like. Weird.

Funny joke. Will try that with my Y11s tomorrow. Half of them are EAL (English as an Additional Language) so laugh at me whatever I say!

Update. 19:17

Oh my gosh, I am SO BORED of lesson planning. It feels like it is never ending. This is because it really is never ending. And boring. Aaaaaaaargh.

Right, now that that's out of my system, I shall carry on. Clearly I will appreciate all my hard work during the week when I don't have to do any work after school. Except that obviously I will. Grr.

In other news, I am drinking blackcurrant fruit tea. As per usual, it is yum, but doesn't taste like blackcurrants.

Expect more boring insights into my day at my desk later on.

Puja, congrats with the photos, I'm so proud of you!