Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I am drinking strawberry and mango tea. It tastes of neither strawberries nor mangoes (mangos?), but it's still yum.

I am trying to plan the first revision session for my Y11s but this is boring me. They have their mocks in 10 days. I am not optimistic. Most of them seem fairly oblivious to the fact that they might need to study a bit before the mock. Not all of them, some are ok, but the majority live in lala land. Not looking forward to marking them, although trying to be positive.

Yesterday my footballers won 2-1 :) One of them asked me if I had a husband. This is worrying - do I look old enough to have a husband? It wouldn't have been so bad if she had started off at boyfriend, but she went straight to husband. Chuh. Still, could be worse...she coulda asked if I had kids!

In other news, I think I am slowly growing a six-pack. Well, maybe just a coupla cans, but still. It's ironic they're called six-packs when you have to practically give up "six-packs" to get one. I think I might in fact be hallucinating, clearly it will take a fair few months to get rid of all that hard earned Goooose-work.

What else? Well, I am trying to build my case for missing the start of next term so I can stay with my family in Toronto. Case seems pretty weak, but if it doesn't work out, I might try whining. Most of my kids are experts at whining...so good in fact that they sometimes get out of doing things they don't want to do through their whine whine whine whine whine whine whine. Hopefully whining will work for me too.

Tomorrow I will have to go to football practice by myself due to the absence of my partner in crime (and Asian twin...yes, the girls on the team are entirely confused by who is who, it's ace!). I was worried about this, but having managed to reverse park and nagivate unknown territory on Tuesday night (well, it was only Leyton, but unknown nonetheless!) I am more confident. Fingers crossed eh? Oh and I should add parallel parking to my list of desired skills; currently I have to drive past loads of spaces cos I am too rubbish to parallel park into them. I wish the wheels of cars could be turned 90 degrees so that you could just drive sideways. Much easier. Ooooh, how's that for an invention?