Sunday, November 19, 2006

I went to bed at 6:32am this morning. This is funny because tomorrow I will have to get up at 6:35am. Good thing I have those 3 minutes spare else my entire body clock would be rather messed up. Yes.

I'm not even going to recap the school highlights - you can pretty much guess what happened. Some maths was taught, some kids were told off, some staffroom politics went on, some bargainous crumble and custard was eaten. Good stuff all round.

Instead I am going to focus entirely on an epic Disney social last night. Apart from the noticeable absences of gyspy Johnson and mini-MT, turnout was decent. And more importantly, the night was EPIC! I'd just like to say for the record that I love my Disney girls, they are quality. Well done, gold stars to all of you.

We started off at Potter's house (a lovely lovely house) where we made and cooked pizza, drank wine, and ate gorgeous puddings...very reminiscent of Spain. A speedy game of charades and a disco bottle (to go) later and we were on our way to G-A-Y (apologies, I make it sound like this all happened very quickly...in fact, it took us about 3 hours to get our asses in gear). This is my second weekend of gay clubbing in a row. Relax faithful readers, there's nothing I'm not telling you, it's just that a disproportionate number of people I know are of the homo variety. And I don't just mean sapien.

After taking a rambley journey on buses and tubes (where we played the old favourite "clap clap my face, clap clap your face" aka Tookey's Game because of her legendary awfulness at it...aaah I love that game, even with the "juicy" bottle of wine we were using as punishments) we made it to the QUEUE. Loooong, though there was this cool portable urinal thing by the queue, it was really clever and rather entertaining too!

Anyway we were very happy to finally be at the front 20 mins later. Until we found out it was £15 entry! Yow! I managed to justify it by thinking of it as a Sugababes concert. Yes indeedy, Sugababes were playing live at The Astoria!

Oh my gosh, totally worth paying, it was amazing, they were amazing, even the new one that replaced Mutya. All the classics were performed (including Push the Button, Overload, Freak Like Me, Red Dress, Hole in the Head and Ugly) and despite standing behind the bounciest sailor gay man in the whole club, I had an awesome time! Particularly loved "Shape", they were top entertainers, I am definitely going to see them in concert next year.

Sadly after their show, Potter and Mouche decided it was time to retire. Responsible choice ladies, well done. MePij and Sprouse recharged with some coke (of the fizzy variety) and off we went again. To cut a long story short, one hour later we had made up the most amazing dance (yes, the same way we used to when we were kids at school...."fish for sale" anyone?). I can't describe it that well; it was basically a load of disconnected moves that we did in a circle. That makes it sound rubbish, but it wasn't - people actually came up to us and asked us to teach them so they could join in (and not because they were off their faces). Before we knew it, the club was closing, whoops! Hahaha, next time we meet up, that dance is coming out to play. I also gained a luminous whistle, yay!

By some miraculous turn of fate (I mean, what are the chances?) it turned out that MePij and Sprouse's bus back to Potter's went from the same stop as mine. Woo! Felt slightly guilty leaving them to navigate their own way back, but they made it. At approx 6am, I made it back to Redbridge station. Slight downer here - a weirdo man was standing in the middle of the road and started shouting at me to borrow my phone. I started to get a bit edgy and walk a bit faster to my car (only a minute away from the station, and don't worry, I'd stopped drinking 6 hours earlier, and hadn't had that much at all). He didn't follow me or anything, but have realised that it's stupid to take a risk like that coming home so late by myself, so will be more responsible from now on.

Anyway, I was meant to go to a wedding today, but clearly have missed that entirely. I am very tired and don't wanna do any work. But wow, so much fun, I feel school-free right now, wooo!

Potter, your house is beautiful - I love the layout, the dimensions and the decor, it's wonderful, some day I will buy it. After the Goose obviously. Thank you for hosting, even when you were knackered, good luck in your exams!

Mouche, love it that you came out with us instead of your futon friends, you're star. And yes, we're SO funny! We will find you a gentleman named James, perhaps of African/Caribbean origin, with whom you can indulge in some fun.

Sprouse, I love it that you have been promoted from being the backdoor trapdoor. I envy your sauce spreading skills. And also your willingness to eat scraps, waste not want not. Now write your CV, stop reading, stop reading now, go work!

MePij, I know you love the race banter, our minority status is what keeps us together. One day brown will take over Disney (I will bring the fake tan). Your "diversity" footballs are hilarious, keep up the good captaincy!

That is all. Oh and shout outs:

To Stevo, sorry to hear you rugby boys lost - it's all about taking part!

To Puja for her relentless gossip searching!

And finally to SB, l'm so pleased to have refound your blog, it looks so professional, I'm jealous!

Right, time for some tea. And maybe a nap!