Thursday, November 02, 2006

Good things today:

1. Had an ace observation with my Year 8s, timing and pace of the lesson were spot on, feel really good about that.
2. Year 7 parents' evening - was lovely to meet the parents and show off the school.
3. Moving 4 of my Year 7s up a maths set.
4. Moving 1 of my Year 7s down a maths set. (The smarter ones amongst you will realise this means I have lost a whole 5 pupils from my class, yippee!)
5. Feeling more positive about the graduate entry medicine stuff. No promises, but this could well be the next step in the master plan.

Bad things today:

1. The long anticipated second car accident - oh dearie me, I knew this run was too good to be true. Once again a classic reverse manoeuvre into an innocent parked car. Left a note with my name and number, thought it was the right thing to do at the time, but thinking now, this may cause me more hassle than it's worth. Damage not big, but no doubt the owner of the car will claim thousands of pounds. Bye bye salary.
2. Car bumping delayed visit to the gym, hence have loads of energy and crossness and can't really get rid of it.
3. Looooooads of work piling up already. Yuck.

My poor car, sob sob. I wonder how many more little bumps the poor thing will have to take? Fingers crossed tomorrow is better. And that one day I learn to drive.