Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Oooooh I'm knackered. It's only 10:20, but feels like it's 3am. Phew, Tuesdays are tiring. Been hectic all day long. Taught 4 lessons today, spent my one free marking books and sorting out the football team. Had kids in detention at break and lunchtime and after school, then took the girls down to Leyton Orient for their tournament - drew the first game 2-2. Lots to work on but really impressed so far. Was shouting instructions the whole game through, now my throat is really husky, good stuff. Hit the gym, then lesson planning, with a speedy dinner break. Wow, reading through that, I've been mightily productive :)

Got a call today from the lady whose car I bumped into. Left me a voicemail. Was very grateful that I'd left a note and sounded like she wouldn't completely rip me off, so good news there. Also got a call from the captain of that ladies' footy team inviting me to come to training on Thursday. Will probs be exhausted by then, but like I said, I love the purple legs and freezing fingers :)

Shadowing a year 7 kid all day tomorrow...busy busy. Can't remember what it was like to be in Year 7, but have got lots of exciting stuff on the timetable tomorrow like Art, ICT, and Science, whoop! Clearly will be weird following the same kids around for 5 lessons, but I'm sure we'll bond. Either that or they'll clock that I'm not fully qualified yet and destroy me. Fingers crossed it's the former option.

Anyway, gotta get to bed. Sorry that's not very exciting, but it's good to practice your reading skills :) (or so I tell my kids whenever they whine about reading stuff). Oh, just finally, don't know if I've mentionned J & R from my Y11 group, but usually they are really fussy madams - today, however, they were good as gold and even got merits, was over the moon! Would like to think they missed my from yesterday and so were being good because they love my teaching. Hmmm.

Shout outs:

To Shreqa, wow, you ramble like me :)
To the Futon Queen - I may be small, but you are smaller. Ate another of your yogurt prizes today, mwahahaha.
To Puja too, for being too responsible to join the lash parade - I salute you!